Microsoft Project 2010 - What's New?
With significant updates and visual enhancements, Microsoft® Project 2010 gives you an intuitive and easier way to effectively complete all types of work.
What's New in Project Standard 2010
In Microsoft® Project Standard 2010, user-controlled scheduling puts you in control and brings together the flexibility and ease of a tool like Microsoft® Office Excel 2010 with the power of the Project scheduling engine. And, with a completely new and visually enhanced timeline view, you have an easier, more intuitive way to see and share key dates and deadlines.
Fluent™ User Interface
- Work more efficiently with the simple and intuitive Microsoft® Fluent™ user interface – new graphical menus and a familiar experience provide the tools you need to plan and manage your project.
- Task oriented tabs and contextual menu groupings reveal powerful features, making it easier to get started and realise results.
- Learn about features and rich formatting controls quickly with descriptive tooltips and drop down galleries.
- Simply be more productive by choosing your own menu options, quick access toolbar settings and setting defaults.
- Save to XPS or PDF. Share, print and publish project information with just one click using the new Microsoft® Office Backstage™ view.
- Enhanced copy and paste makes it easy to share information effectively with other Microsoft Office applications while retaining formatting.
- Add columns dynamically by entering data without having to fi rst select the data type.
- Simplify data entry with auto-complete which displays a list of previously used values to select from.
- Automatic text wrap eliminates extra formatting steps by adjusting row height to display full task names.
- Quickly mine data and analyse results with easy access filtering for all columns.
- Create emphasis with rich colour options and text formatting to express ideas and solve problems in new ways.
- Gain flexibility with user-controlled scheduling – manually schedule tasks with the information you have right now or choose to automatically schedule tasks with calculated dates and durations.
- Be alerted to potential scheduling concerns with squiggly lines and choose how to manage potential problems.
- Gain insight with the Task Inspector to recognise issues and take action early – solving problems by managing effectively.
- Support rolling wave planning and easily create high level forecasts using manually scheduled Top Down Summary tasks.
- Identify gaps by comparing manually scheduled summary tasks with information rolled up from subtasks.
- In Microsoft® Project Professional 2010, you can simplify planning with inactive and active tasks to perform what-if analysis.
- Simply create the ultimate graphical timeline to express your schedule and plan.
- It's easier to see and share – drill into details and visually recognise differences with a clear view of tasks, milestones and phases.
- Reach your audience with new impact by quickly copying the timeline into an email, presentation or any other document with formatting retained.
- Visualise the right mix of resources and assignments with a simple and intuitive resource view.
- Simply drag and drop to effectively plan tasks and optimise resources for your entire team and project.
- Quickly identify unassigned or unscheduled tasks to proactively solve problems.
- Simply hover over tasks to instantly view task-level details to plan with ease.
- Be visually alerted to potential problems choose to manually level resources as you work.
- Automatically level over allocated resources on a task-by-task basis using Task Inspector to instantly realise results.
- Enhance team collaboration by sharing information more efficiently – simply save, print or publish in one easy-to-manage Backstage™ view.
- Convert Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2010 task lists to realise project schedules.
- Publish your project plans to SharePoint® Foundation 2010 task lists so team members can update task status – automatically synchronise to receive updates directly into your project plans.
- Save, share and manage – simply be more connected in the ways you expect with Project Professional 2010 and SharePoint Foundation 2010.
- Connect Project Professional 2010 with Microsoft® Project Server 2010 and gain control across all types of work, improve
project selection and strategic alignment, maximise resource utilisation and visualise performance through powerful dashboards.