The last thing you want to do is spend your nights and weekends in the server room then face an angry mob provoked by migration downtime.
Double-Take Move for Windows means simple, no-downtime physical and virtual migrations, no late nights or weekends, and no angry mobs.
- Migrate physical or virtual workloads with real-time replication while users are online and productive
- Real-Time Data Movement
- Migrate any combination of Physical or Virtual Servers (X2X)
- P2V and V2V auto provisioning (Hyper-V and VMware ESX)
- Entire server or just data migrations (SAN storage migrations)
No Downtime Migrations
- Keep users online during migrations of physical or virtualized servers. Migrate during business hours!
- Migrates the entire system - from simple file servers to custom application servers and domain controllers
- Move operating systems, applications and data from one make, model and server configuration to another
- Migrates virtual workloads to physical servers - hardware independent
- Eliminates user and application downtime during migrations
- Eliminates trial and error application migration and acceptance testing
- Migrates workloads between existing platforms to new systems within minutes
- Capture and replicate changes to the new server in real time over available bandwidth
- Protects against intermittent outages with the most efficient real-time queuing technology in the industry
- Includes long-term caching capabilities for extensive outages like circuit breaks
- Uses very little CPU
How It Works
Double-Take Move eliminates user and application downtime during migrations – including running database applications that constantly lock their database files while they're running. Double-Take Move provides true data replication functionality that precisely duplicates the application's native write processes with real-time transaction awareness that never requires a quiesce, including replication of file system metadata like permissions, attributes, compression and encryption settings. These features allow you to keep your applications running while the migration proceeds without impact using the spare CPU cycles and I/O on the system. If an application needs those additional processing or data bandwidth resources then the operating system will pre-empt Double-Take Move and make those resources available to the running application, allowing Double-Take Move to continue working quietly in the background migrating data without impact to your running applications and users.
Download a Datasheet »