Microsoft Visio 2010 Features and Benefits
Make your diagrams more appealing and professional-looking in seconds using modern shapes and visuals, a rich gallery of themes, and Live Preview.
- For any type of diagramming need, Visio can help you to get started quickly.
- Easy access to shapes and stencils, and a new status bar that helps you move more efficiently within and between your diagrams.
- Add and align shapes easily and accurately with features such as the Quick Shapes Mini Toolbar, enhanced dynamic grid, automatic layout adjustment, and page Auto Size.
- Simplify large and complex diagrams using Sub-processes and Containers to group related shapes visually and logically.
- Check diagrams against business rules and logic to ensure accuracy and consistency in diagrams. With a one click, you can validate a diagram to make sure if it's logical and property constructed.
- Create and monitor SharePoint workflows more easily than ever with a new advanced template that contains SharePoint workflow rules and logic.
Bring your diagrams to life
Gaining a clear and competent view of information that matters to your business often requires both a high-level perspective and detailed data. With just a few clicks, Visio 2010 helps you see the entire picture by showing meaningful data and information graphically in a single, up-to-date diagram.
- Easily connect your diagrams to one or more data sources including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, and SharePoint Services.
- Display real-time data right within the shapes of your diagrams, based on conditions you define, using meaningful graphics such as colour, icons, symbols, and data bars.
- Keep the linked data in your diagrams up-to-date without any additional effort using Automatic Refresh.
- Drill down into detailed shape and diagram data using the Shape Data or External Data windows.
Share dynamic, data-linked diagrams
Store, share, and reuse business process diagrams and sub-processes through Visio 2010 integration with SharePoint 2010 Process Repository.
- Sharing your dynamic, data-linked diagrams with others is easier than ever.
- Simply connect your diagram to one or more data sources (such as Excel), and with a few clicks, publish your diagram to SharePoint Server
- Create visually compelling dashboards that contain interactive Visio diagrams and other application services. Visio Services and SharePoint Server integration supports visual mashups of actionable data and diagrams for an information-rich viewing experience.