Top 5 reasons to buy Visual Studio 2010 Premium
Note: Visual Studio 2010 Premium includes everything in Visual Studio 2010 Professional, and Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate includes everything in Visual Studio 2010 Premium.
1. Database Development Made Easy
Apply the same life-cycle tools to your database code that you apply to your application code. This includes offline development of database schema, use of source code control to persist versioned database schema information and participation in Agile or other process methodologies and use of the associated work items.
2. Identify Test Impact from Code Changes
Test Impact Analysis provides a list of recommended tests to run after code changes are made. Developers know immediately which tests are impacted by a given change and testers know which tests to run to verify a given build.
3. Profile Application Performance
Measure the performance of your applications and locate performance bottlenecks in CPU utilisation, Memory consumption, and database interactions. Use the performance profiler with Load Testing to identify performance bottlenecks under stress and load.
4. Discover Common Coding Errors
Code Analysis is now simple to configure with customisable rule sets that can be targeted at specific scenarios or areas of emphasis. Enforce rule sets with the code analysis check-in policy to reduce common coding errors in application or database code before they get into production.
5. MSDN Subscription
In Visual Studio 2010 Premium and Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, you have access to all the servers and clients you need for development and test purposes.
Upgrading from previous versions
- Visual Studio 2010 Professional enables you to optimise your development environment with seamless multiple monitor support, allowing you to visualise your code and debug on one monitor while viewing external help or a tools window on the secondary monitor.
- Visual Studio 2010 Professional delivers new support for SharePoint development, including numerous templates for SharePoint components, tooling for Web Parts, Lists, Workflows, and Events so you can easily build customised collaboration solutions.
- Visual Studio 2010 Professional with MSDN Essentials is your complete development solution, providing access to the latest versions of Windows, Windows Server and SQL Server and delivering your proven source for latest technical information and product experts.
- Visual Studio 2010 Professional includes enhanced multi-targeting support, with new reference assemblies and the most accurate IntelliSense ever, allowing you to target multiple versions of the .NET framework with one tool.