Governmental institutions consist of complex, geographically widespread institutions, huge centrally located organisations, and smaller entities located locally. The responsibilities that belong to the public sector are also varied.
Sensitive information about the citizens as well as highly classified military secrets must be secured sufficiently. The consequences of information leakage may be severe for the individual as well as for the nation.
Common for all organisations belonging to the public sector is therefore that they need to protect themselves against malware infections, software vulnerabilities and intrusions from unauthorised personnel.
- Protects sensitive information
- Protects organisational network(s)
- Improves IT system performance
- Enforces organisational security policy
- Enables centralised management